Legal representation for assisted reproductive technology matters
In addition to adoption some families are turning to Assisted Reproductive Technology to grow their families. Washington state recently incorporated Assisted Reproductive Technology in the Uniform Parentage Act (UPA 2017).
What is assisted reproductive technology (ART)?
Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) is the production of a pregnancy without sexual intercourse. (RCW 26.26A.700), utilizing such methods as:
- Intrauterine or intracervical insemination;
- Donation of gametes;
- Donation of embryos;
- In-vitro fertilization and transfer of embryos; and
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection.
Surrogacy involves an agreement between one or more intended parents with a woman who is not an intended parent who agrees to become pregnant through assisted reproduction for the purpose of making the intended parents of the child conceived under the agreement. RCW 26.26A.700
How can Christina T. Sherman, PLLC, help with surrogacy and ART?
A parent becomes a parent through Assisted Reproductive Technology through valid assisted reproductive technology and surrogacy agreements. We can help you with:
- Discussing your rights and responsibilities;
- Negotiating, Drafting and Editing Assisted Reproductive Technology and Surrogacy contracts on your behalf;
- Ensuring that all parties are easily able to understand what, can sometimes be, complicated contracts;
- Facilitating communications with medical providers, including hospital staff; and
- Establishing Parentage in Washington.
We will gladly meet with you to explore the assisted reproductive technology, surrogacy and parenting options available to you through Assisted Reproductive Technology and Gestational or Traditional Surrogacy.
“You’re an amazing Attorney”
Your family is important to us. Contact us today.
We understand that the adoption process may seem overwhelming, and we are dedicated to getting answers to whatever questions you may have.
We serve clients throughout Tacoma, Pierce County, King County, Thurston County, Kitsap County, and the Western Washington area.